Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Message to the world...

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

First, if your worried that means that you're concerned about the future outcome of something and doing that will only increase the chances of having a negative result. Two, worry is an emotion rooted in fear. Fear will not serve you. Some people think fear is a motivator and that it causes some people to take action. The action you may take might serve you, but that same action could also be taken with out the worry or fear. Third, worry is a choice! Never fool yourself into thinking you have no control over your emotions. Lastly, if you're worried that means you're not "present". You're not in the moment, instead your brain is jumping ahead to the "what if", the future, rather than being in the moment.

Next time you find yourself in a place of worry or fear...take action. I dare you to try and worry plus take action at the same time, it's impossible. What do I mean by take action? Take "right" action; something that will move you forward. Start writing a top ten list of your favorite things to do on a beautiful summer day or 5 goals you wish to accomplish this year and really give thought to what your passionate about. You could also watch a funny movie or put on some uplifting music, read a good book, go to the gym etc...

Here is an action you can take...WORK. Whenever I was down or worried about an outcome, a mentor of mine always told me, "work don't whine". As a financial advisor just starting out years ago I had some pretty discouraging days and my mentor would tell me to make phone calls to clients and prospective clients, and I would feel better. Of course it would be the last thing I wanted to do, but I knew he was right. Afterwards I always felt better, no matter what the outcome because while I was making calls the worry was gone and when I was done there was always something positive I could take away from what I did. Even if it was something small, like one of the people I spoke to was nice and gave me permission to call back

Worry is fruitless and life is meant to be fruitful at all times!

I attended a personal development workshop recently called "Life Directions" and to sum it up it's a very powerful workshop intended to help you find your mission or "Direction" in life. One of the exercises had us write a poem or song expressing what we feel is our message to the world. Here is my song, can you name that tune:

"Here's a little song I wrote, I'd like to sing it note for note
say don't worry, be happy.
Fear is nothing but anticipation of pain, don't let negative thoughts poison your brain
so don't worry, be happy.
for when you live your mission it's true, the vision of your life will come to you

so don't worry, be happy.
Don't worry about the "how" cause worry's bad for your health

and all it ever does is stagnate your wealth,
so don't worry, be happy"


I hope that you enjoyed reading my blog and received some value from this message. Please submit your comments I welcome your feed back. Also, if attending life changing seminars and workshops where you can learn more about living "Worry Free" and live to your full potential, is of interest to you, just click on the link provided below.

http://www.secretsofthemillionairemind.com/a/?wid=472916

Peace and prosperity,

Dallas M. Cyr





No comments: